Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Book: House of the Scorpion


This book is also on the 8th grade reading list and I recommend it to anyone who enjoys reading about possible futures with our real life scientific advances. The story centers on a boy, Matt, who is a clone of a very powerful drug leader, El Patron. This will be a longer, and harder book to follow than Stargirl, the other 8th grade reading list book I reviewed, but encourage your child to make this effort. Don't let them pass up this book because of the 380 pages. They will be rewarded by a great story with lots of things to think about after each chapter. A great book to discuss with your parents: If everything was the same about me, but I found out I was a clone, would that make me different? Does how others treat you change the way you see yourself? Will all the scientific advances lead to a better life? These are just a few of the many interesting ideas written into the house of the Scorpion.

Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember to leave the last four digits of your library card number and your initials.

Make sure you log out of your google account if you don't want people seeing links to you!